Instrument Sound and MIDI Options
Different Instrument sounds/voices can be chosen from MIDI Options. As Mandolin is not a MIDI standard yet, Acoustic Guitar (steel) is usually used for the Mandolin. Instrument sound can be changed from the drop-down list in MIDI Options.
The MIDI Options can be accessed in different ways:
- Menu: Play > MIDI Options.
- Click Speaker icon.
- Windows Keyboard Shortcut: Alt+K.
Sound Note: The computer sound-card quality will affect the sound quality of TablEdit files. Different MIDI drivers may also be installed on your computer; try using or installing a different one.
- Play > MIDI Setup > Choose Driver from pull-down list > OK.
The Tempo can also be adjusted in MIDI Options by:
- adjusting the slider bar.
- typing a new tempo in box.
- using the up/down arrows.
- Windows Keyboard Shortcut: Alt+K opens MIDI Options; Alt+T toggles the use of PgUp/PgDn or Up/Down Arrows for tempo adjustment.
Tempo Note: Clicking OK
, will change the actual tempo of the file. You will be prompted to save these changes when you close the file (no saves in TEFviewer). Clicking Play
, starts playback from measure 1, keeping MIDI Options open, to allow adjustments to tempo. Clicking Stop, stops playback, keeping MIDI Options open. Cancel closes Options, with file remaining unchanged.