Importing MIDI Files
Registered TablEdit version allows Importing of MIDI files.
- Start with a new file: File > New > Mandolin > OK.
- Search for MIDI file: File > Import > MIDI - highlight the MIDI file > Open.
- Import MIDI window appears: Click Tracks > Click Import to Separate Modules if more than 1 track appears in list > Import > Close.
- Save File: In File > Save As - choose a name and folder to save the file.
Note: Some cleanup may be necessary, depending on the quality of the MIDI file.
- Score > Title Information > OK.
Check and correct Title Information; the composer/artist is often listed all in the title, or the filename is used as the title. Add transcriber name and music source in comments.
- Red notes in Tablature indicate timing errors. Click on red note number in tablature and choose the correct note-length from the note palette. If you don't know the correct note length, press the letter j to see what TablEdit suggests.